This tutorial explains how you can easily Connect MTNL 3G Data Card to Windows 8 directly or with the help of MTNL dialer software.
MTNL data card users facing problem in using 3G USB dongle with windows 8. There are two types of problems they generally faced in Windows 8.
First, Windows 8 doesn't detect USB dongle and this problem can be solved with device manager as per steps given below.
Second, while connecting via MTNL software, it shows "The system could not find phone book entry for this connection". On the other hand, this issue can be dealt in two ways, which are also explained in this tutorial.
How to Connect MTNL 3G USB Dongle in Windows 8 ?
First Connect MTNL 3G Dongle in any usb port of Windows 8 PC, then install its driver as in the same way done in previous windows operating systems. Now, if MTNL software doesn't detect your 3G dongle in windows 8, then right click on "computer icon" available on desktop and click "Properties".
Afterwards, a new windows is opened. See at the upper left corner of this window and click on "Device Manager" link. Now Device Manager is opened. Click on "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" in left panel and then right click on "HSPADataCard Ethernet Driver (WDM)" and click "Update Drive Software".
A pop up window will open this time, select "search automatically for updated driver software" and Windows does the rest. Do the Same Process for "HSPADataCard WMC Bus Driver".
Now MTNL software will detect your 3G dongle automatically.
How to Create Internet connection for MTNL 3G USB in Windows 8 ?
Due to compatibility issue of MTNL dialer application in Windows 8, It shows a message "The system could not find phone book entry for this connection" when user tries to create a internet connection via dialer application.
Before going to solution, Create New Profile in dialer application.
- Go to "Settings' tab and click on "connection" option in left panel.
- Now click on "Add" button to create new profile.
- Fill Connection Setting as given below.
Profile Name : MTNL 3G
Number : *99#
User name : mtnl
Password : mtnl123
APN : mtnl.net
- Click on "Apply" button and then click on "set to default" button. You are done.
Step by Step solution to this problem.
- Right click on the MTNL 3G Modem Dialer Icon available on your desktop and select "Properties".
- Go to Compatibility tab and select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3") or "Windows 7" form drop down menu.
- Select "Run this program as an administrator" in privilege level in bottom of the current window.
- Click OK.
- Now open dialer application and connect it to Internet. Voila! You are connected to Internet.
Alternatively, you can create new connection through Network Center available in Control Panel.
- Go to Control Panel and click "Network Connections".
- Click on "Create new Connection" and click on next button in network connection wizard.
- Select "Connect to Internet" option and click on next button.
- Now, select "Set up my connection manually" and click on next button.
- Select "Set up my connection manually" and click next, Then select "connect using dial-up connection" and press next button.
- Choose your MTNL 3G USB modem which you have configured and click on next button.
- Now fill details as given below.
Dial Up Phone Number - *99#
User Name - mtnl
Password - mtnl123
Connection Name - MTNL 3G
- Click on next button and you are done.